Full Time: Monday to Friday 40 hours per week.
Salary: Dependent on skill and experience.
Holiday: 29 days per annum (includes Bank Holidays)
Purpose of the job
To manage both equipment and people within identified production process to
defined targets on quality, cost and efficiency.
- Production Manager
- All personnel entering or working in their department.
- Comply with and demonstrate health and safety at work at all times.
- Communicate the manufacturing strategy to the department.
- Continually maintain and strive to improve production targets to deliver product to the factory in full and on time.
- Identify and where necessary work with others to resolve issues and bottlenecks.
- Ensure efficient collaboration and coordination between relevant departments, procurement, manufacturing etc.
- Monitor standards i.e. quality, health and safety, and housekeeping.
- To carry out individual appraisal and objective setting.
- Manage training plans for team.
- Administer formal and informal disciplinary process.
- Maintain housekeeping within area of responsibility.
- Introduce and lead a continuous improvement approach to production.
- Conduct Risk Assessments and Accident investigations.
- Induct and train new employees, acting as a mentor.
- Undertake projects and present outcomes.
- Lead by example with a can-do attitude and actively promote the company values.
Job skill / knowledge requirements
- Leadership qualities that command respect from team.
- Good people management skills.
- Technical understanding of production processes.
- IT literacy – ability to prepare reports.
- Strong performance management skills.
- Understanding of company policies and procedures.
- Health and Safety responsibilities, conduct Risk Assessments.
- Project management tools and techniques.
15th December 2023