Based in Wakefield
An immediate opportunity for an experienced HR and Payroll Administrator to join us at GNG Group. You will be reporting to the Financial Controller and will take on responsibility for developing, implementing and streamlining the HR processes and managing the monthly payroll.
This is a great opportunity for someone in payroll or HR to develop skills in both fields; you do not need to be qualified in HR but experience of Sage 50 Payroll would be an advantage. You will need to be a good communicator, organised, be proactive and be ready for a challenge.
- Working closely with all departments, assisting line managers to understand and implement both existing and new HR policies and procedures;
- Managing the recruitment process for new staff, which involves developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates;
- Developing and implementing policies on absence, performance management, disciplinary procedures;
- Preparing and ensuring staff handbooks are up to date;
- Undertaking annual salary reviews and aligning same job roles;
- Administering monthly payroll and maintaining employee records;
- Track and maintain holiday, sick and other absences
- Liaising with Ellis Whittam for advice on employment law;
- Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures;
- Developing HR planning strategies, which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements;
- Planning and sometimes delivering training – including inductions for new staff;
- Analysing training needs in conjunction with departmental managers;
- Attendance at supervisor/management meetings when required