Competitive rate of pay based on skill level.
We are looking for Class 2 HGV Driver who will be responsible for the safe transportation of goods around the country which will require nights out.
The job role of an HGV driver includes the following duties:
- Operating commercial vehicles up to and over 7.5 tonnes, including rigid trucks, articulated lorries, tankers, transporters and trailer wagons
- Driving long or short distances
- Planning delivery schedules and routes with transport managers
- Supervising or helping to load and unload goods
- Lifting and carrying goods
- Making sure loads are safely secured
- Following traffic reports and adapting routes if necessary
- Completing delivery paperwork
- Keeping up-to-date logbooks
- Carrying out basic routine maintenance, such as oil, tyre and brake checks
- Working from a vehicle and driving long distances
- Spending nights away from home during long haul deliveries.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:-
- Good at working to tight deadlines
- Customer service and administration skills
- Be thorough and pay attention to detail
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Able to operate and control equipment
- Have the ability to quality check your own work
- Being reliable and practical
- Communicating effectively
- Following health and safety regulations
- Fast paced and dynamic Company
- 29 Day Holiday (including public and bank holidays)
- Free Parking
We are a leading manufacturer of quality, innovative foam-based products with more than 35 years’ experience in the foam industry. We are the international brand leaders in the healthcare, sports, safety and lifestyle markets. We are a small team of 80 colleagues but are rapidly expanding to reflect our growth and expansion! More information about GNG Group is available on our websites www.memoryfoamwarehouse.co.uk and www.gnggroup.co.uk.